Wednesday, July 30, 2008

España 2008






















I went to Spain, everybody; took a course, saw many old things and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Next time I am going to take a direct flight though. Stopping in Amsterdam and switching planes added quite a bit to an already long and tiresome trip. I stayed in Alcalá de Henares (20 miles or so outside of Madrid) with a woman named Ana. She has a small apartment near the University of Alcalá and frequently houses people for the university. I appreciated her willingness to cook me authentic Spanish recipes. I stayed in Spain from July 6th to July 25th in order to take a Spanish language and culture class. Five other students and I went to class every day from 9am to 1:30pm, including periodic excursions and two full-day excursions to Toledo and Segovia and the Escorial. I'll be sure to post some pictures I took, and I hope you enjoy them!

6 comments:

Laurie and Mike said...

Great blog Davaid! The pictures are incredible. I'm glad you had a chance to do this. We miss you guys. How about some pictures of the fam? Keep on blogging (unlike me who really doesn't have anything to blog about. Boring!). Love you!

The Evans Family said...

I am so jealous. Those are amazing pictures and I'm glad you got to do that.

Laurie and Mike said...

I was looking at the pictures again and I thought the second picture down in your last post was really cool. Where and what is it a picture of. Beautiful building!

Kaitlin said...

Very cool! I wish I was there with you to experiance the trip!

Myers Mayhem said...

you better clarify that Ana, the woman you stayed with was old and unattractive! ;) I'm also very jealous and wish I could've gone.

Molly said...

How fun David! I'm glad you started a blog. Your pictures from your trip look amazing! Now let's see some pictures of the kids!