Friday, April 17, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!

Here we are on our hot date for Dave's birthday.  The kids were at a friends and we did everything that Dave wanted to do.  That means we went to his favorite restaurant Cantina Laredo.  Being the wonderful photographer I am I forgot to have my camera out at the right times and missed most of the action.
This is the remains of hot fudge from a delicious brownie.  It came to the table with sparks flying(there was a sparkler in it).  It sure was good!
This is Dave analyzing his leftovers.  I'm not sure what was so interesting about them.
Last on our evening out we went to the movies!  This is a real treat for us because we never go.  We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  (Yes, this is the cheap theater).   We really liked the movie and recommend it to all.  

Dave really wanted a strawberry rhubarb pie, but here in Texas they are very hard to come by.  Back in Utah I'd go to Denny's and pick one up.  Here I called Denny's and the girl didn't even know what rhubarb was.  Needless to say, he didn't get any pie.  I drew him a picture,  but it didn't taste very good.  I even tried to find rhubarb in the stores, but it wasn't in stock yet at the only store I found to carry it.  Maybe he'll get it for Father's Day if he's lucky.  

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a good wife you are. Maybe if you would have printed off a picture from a recipe website it would have tasted better. ha ha.

The Evans Family said...

Grandma Dorothy made us rhubarb pie last week, and I kept thinking that David would be jealous. We meant to call on his birthday, but totally forgot. Then I thought I would call the next day, and then the next, but then I decided I would call on YOUR birthday and call it good for both of you! Tell him we love him anyway...=-)