Friday, April 17, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Colored eggs!  This is one of my favorite Easter traditions.  Ashlyn and Grant had lots of fun.  They wanted to plop the eggs into the colored water rather than carefully lower them.  Grant was using crayons to draw pictures on them.  He didn't quite understand the concept of using a white crayon and kept using blue and green.  I think our eggs turned out quite nice!



Here is an example of the nests I made.  This is something my mom used to make for us.  We would usually get a cadbury egg  as a child.  One year Jesse ate everyone's cadbury eggs before we had the chance.  We weren't very happy because that was the coveted item each year.  It seems like he was a little sick after eating all those eggs.  If my memory is wrong, I hope he was sick.  In our nests this year we just had small little eggs (jellybeans, robin eggs, etc.). 
The Easter egg hunt begins...




This is a real nest that Grant found a couple eggs in.

Grant and Ashlyn both found Easter baskets in the house.  In them were the silly bunny ears.  We all had to take turns wearing them.




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Can I tell you I'm jealous to see you have a tree in your yard?!